This is an opportunity to bring deeper body awareness and knowledge through mindful movements to support the lifestyle of the athlete, yogi, and traveler.
Olympian Yoga & Pilates
Jaime has blended together her years of experience as an elite athlete, instructor, and world traveler, to create her unique and specialized style — Olympian Yoga & Pilates.
Jaime’s unique style of teaching combines athletic and strong movements with mindful alignment and form.
“Without creating proper alignment and activation, you will not be receiving the benefits and can lead to overcompensation, imbalance, and injury. My goal is to safely and correctly set you up in a posture so that you can really FEEL it in your body. What’s the point of doing a movement or exercise if it’s not done right?
With each AYT Program or Workshop, I aim to inspire you to find balance within your body, mind, and life.”
Here’s why we love Olympian Yoga & Pilates:
- Yoga improves strength, flexibility, and balance. For athletes, this is particularly important as many of us create imbalances in our body due to the repetitive, specialized movements of our sport. Muscular imbalances can lead to injury.
- Yoga aims to rebalance the body, preventing future injuries and prolonging athletic careers.
- The use of Pilates provides a huge benefit due to its intense focus on core strength, an area that is crucial in almost every athletic sport.
- Improves the body’s alignment and the important connection with one’s mind and body.
- Yoga and Pilates are highly effective compliments to one’s current training regimen. Use as a warm up, cool down, full body workout, or recovery.
- Improved mental focus with breath work.
We are only at our best when we are present in the moment. The use of breath work in Yoga and Pilates can help us achieve this.
Your program or workshop can include an additional aspect of goal setting intertwined within it to compliment this mentally challenging practice. If this is the case, each person has a pen and paper next to their mat. Goal setting can help us prepare for competitions and events, create ways to reach our goals, and visualize positive outlooks. When goal setting, we create balance in our life, strength in pursuing our daring dreams, and the flexibility to look beyond what we sometimes deem possible.
“As an Olympic Silver Medalist, I understand the toll that training at an elite level can take on your body, mind, and other facets in your life. Working through seven shoulder and hip surgeries, I began to incorporate both yoga and pilates into my rehabilitation and workout regimen. Along with the amazing and positive physical results, I discovered a new level of mental clarity, focus, and strength. I knew this was something worth sharing.” – Jaime Komer