What was I craving the most after spending two weeks in Rwanda?*
Kale. Random, I know. My point is, our bodies crave the nutrients that fuel our body and enable us to perform at our best. During intense activity, we need fuel that can burn quickly and efficiently. Post activity, we can replenish with higher protein and nutrient dense goodness. Our friends at Vega recently shared a daring creation: The Triple Threat Coconut Recovery Smoothie. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 serving Vega Vanilla Sport Performance Protein (25g)
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter (or oil)
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk beverage
Add all ingredients to blender with ice, and blend until smooth!
Did you know?
Your body has specific nutritional needs before, during and after working out? Check out Vega’s fuelyourbetter.com for training and nutrition tips on how to fuel your better this summer!
Recipe & Photo Credit: Vega
Warning about Cravings: Just because you crave something this doesn’t mean it’s always good for your body. There can be a massive difference between the two. How do you know? Things like refined sugar, processed foods, caffeine, and alcohol are clever at tricking you into cravings. The best way to climb out of this nutrient-shallow trap is to increase whole, clean, and nutrient dense food. Check out Vega’s Thrive Forward for guidance.
* Did you know we led an AYT Coaching Clinic for the nonprofit Kids Play International? Absolute awesomeness, I tell you. Check in for a recap soon. Or better yet, sign up for our blog (or as I like to call it: Global Documentation).