I am craving a colorful meal that’s easy to prep and take on-the-go, sans sugar and will nourish my gut & soul.
Gut & Soul. That’s what my recipes are all about. Come to think of it, all of my sessions, workshops and speaking events are about your Gut & Soul. Nourishing yourself from the inside out. The connection between your health, happiness and life balance. Making simple and sustainable changes to empower your daily life. It’s ALL about your Gut & Soul!
Have you tried my Blueberry Crumble? Now that’s a good quality gut & soul nourisher. Wait, we’re here to create an amazing lunch for you. Let’s continue…
Why I love this recipe…
- There’s no sweetener. It’s pure plant bliss packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and long lasting energy.
- I feel nourished after eating this. Yet it’s light and bright so I don’t feel weighed down.
- It’s super-hero-style travel friendly. Pop it in a mason jar and take it with you for the day.
- There’s very little clean up. I’m not a fan of doing extra dishes. Are you?
- You can easily switch out ingredients, making a different bowl everyday.
Measurements? What measurements? If you are a strict measurer when it comes to meal recipes, be prepared to get out of your comfort zone with this one. Yet that’s the point, my daring friend. This recipe is created with estimated amounts, not precise measurements for a reason. I want you to try something new, be brave and learn something fantastically new about yourself. I really do think this is where we learn the most about ourselves – out of our comfort zone. It’s the sweet spot, as I like to think of it. When is the last time you took yourself out of your comfort zone and into the uncomfortable world of the unknown? What did it feel like? What was the result of the experience?
Extra bonuses all around! Along with the recipe, I share:
- Veggie prepping tips
- Benefits of plant-based prepping
- How to cook quinoa
- Daily lifestyle hacks: making this recipe even easier (is that possible?)
- Helpful resources for clean eating
Here is what you need…
If possible, opt for organic. If you can’t find one of these ingredients, put your creative cap on and replace it with another delectable item that catches your eye. I believe in you!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 heirloom carrots
- 1 zucchini
- handful of lacinto kale
- 1 avocado
- handful of raw cashews
- handful of raw pumpkin seeds
- handful of Italian parsley
Zest Me UP Dressing
- Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon essential oil (if available)
- Unsalted tahini
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon pepper
- Celtic sea salt
- Filtered water (as needed)
Okay, now you’re ready to nourish your Gut & Soul.