If you missed out on yesterday’s Own It 365, take a whiff and read What’s that Smell. I’ll meet you back here with cleansed nostrils.
What you need:
- dark glass spray bottle (you can purchase for a few buckaroonies at Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc.)
- Essential oil of your preference (see links below for suggestions)
- filtered water
What to do:
- The oil goes a long way. Adjust strength of scent to your liking by adding more or less water. Example: add 5-20 drops of essential oil to bottle.
- Shake and spray!
What type of oil should I use? If you’re just getting started, I recommend heading to a nearby store that carries 100% essential oils, ideally organic, to give your nostrils a test run. See what speaks to you. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Uplifting: Eucalyptus (fyi, this brand is not organic. It can be found at Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc.)
- Invigorating: Wild Orange (can be purchased online, via individual sellers, or a local spot like Costa Mesa’s Dantian Studio).
Skip the creation station and go local. Swing by your local farmer’s market or community store like Costa Mesa’s Seed People’s Market to find aromatically satisfying sprays. We’re especially keen on Aroma Seize’s chakra themed selections.
Note to self: most oils are not to be ingested. Be a clever cat and always read the labels. There are, however, some oils that can be consumed orally, like the Wild Orange Essential Oil. Curious on the background of essential oils? Read more here.