As we like to say, a little change can make a big difference. Often times our decision can have a domino effect, influencing ourselves and others around us. Take the Farmer’s Market, for example. Buying your produce at a Farmer’s Market not only provides you with fresh, local, nutrient dense goodies, it supports your local community.
Why should I make the effort to buy from a Farmer’s Market?
– Supporting local economy
– Less travel time from source
– Fresh, in season produce
– Want organic? Just ask! Plus, some stands may not have the USDA Organic certification, yet grow their crops without pesticides.
– Fun & active way to get involved in your community
– You know where your food is coming from.
– Encourages you to try something you may not normally eat. Get creative with your cooking!
– Make it a special event. We love making a whole morning out of a visit to the Farmer’s Market, by grabbing a cup of joe and going for a walk among stores / neighborhood. Oh the opportunities to explore!
– Bonus: if you’re traveling away from home, a unique way to experience a community is by visiting their local Farmer’s Market. You get the culture, people, food, and community, all in one place!