Okay, so clearly poop is on my mind. That’s what happens when you change diaper after diaper (of Kovy, our baby, not mine). Making my own food so I can ditch all the over-stimulating and stress-producing sugar is also on my mind. That’s what happens when you want your baby to sleep well, keep an even blood sugar level and not get addicted to sweet things at an early age (3 weeks – that’s a bit early if you ask me).
So here we go. My Yum Granola Recipe without the extra Poop. Poop, being sugar. Not real poop. As you can see from the pics, the granola sticks together into chewy bits. Heck, you could slab some almond butter, drizzle a little maple syrup on top and call it a day!
Flavor Notice: Obviously this granola is not super sweet, given the only sugar comes from apples and goji berries. If you’re craving extra sweetness, add some maple syrup.
As (almost) always: This recipe is free of gluten, dairy, soy and corn. Yet note that there is animal based collagen.
Enjoy, friends! Now it’s time to go change a diaper. Kovy’s, not mine.
Yum Granola Recipe
without the extra Poop
INGREDIENTS & RECIPE
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 chia seeds
- Blend together (in food processor):
- 2 medium apples
- 1 juicy lemon
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 cup collagen (we use Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen)
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- approx. 2 inches of fresh ginger (peeled)
- After blending concoction above, add to mixing bowl with all the oats and chia seeds. Give it a good mix.
- Sprinkle sea salt to taste.
- Place concoction on baking sheet (we like to use recycled parchment paper to ensure our granola doesn’t stick)
- Bake at 300 degrees F for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool, break apart into pieces.
- Munch on with a warm cuppa and embrace some good quality journaling time. Enjoy!
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
DOWNLOAD OUR NUTRITIONAL GUIDE – a Global Approach to Eating Well