In January, AYT partnered with the superfood juice bar, Beaming, for a 4-day group cleanse. With all raw & organic ingredients, we munched and sipped on balancing teas, delectable salads, blended soups, fresh smoothies, and detoxifying juices.
My Experience: Cleansing can be a bit shocking to the system, depending on how much build up is in your body. For example, during the cleanse, it’s not uncommon to feel a bit fuzzy-headed (apparently I rely on caffeine more than I’d like to admit). Yet I also found that I slept like a happy baby and woke up with natural energy. (I also found that when I re-introduced certain foods back into my diet, this affected my sleeping pattern. Ugh.)
What I love: It’s like creating a clean slate for your body. So when you re-introduce certain foods back into your body, you can see how you actually react to them. Be sure to re-introduce items individually, so you can tell how each affects you (e.g. gluten, refined sugar, caffeine, meat).
Personalize it: Both Matt and I found that we require more protein in our diet. So we added raw sprouted almonds and avocado to our cleanse.
Special Perk for YOU: Guess what, our clean & green-loving friends? Beaming is offering a special discount through the month of February, for 10% off any 3-day, 4-day, or 3-day FedEx Shipping, cleanses! Please use code AYT10 at the time of checkout.
All those who cleansed with us in January were entered in a drawing to win an AYT New Year Goodness Bag (yep, it’s full of goodness to support our healthy practices).
CONGRATS to Sandra Z. as our prize winner!
This prize bag of goodness includes:
* $200 off any AYT Experience! (healthy travel? We’re in!)
* Vega One Nutritional Bars (packed full of green goodness, probiotics, antioxidants, and all wrapped in legit yummy chocolate)
* Vega One Nutritional Powder (perfect to add to your morning smoothie)
* “Thrive. The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life” by professional ironman triathlete and formulator of Vega, Brendan Brazier.
* BPA free water bottle by Camelbak (hydrate hydrate hydrate)
* Organic suncare lotion by San Diego based company, COOLA (and yes, it smells delicious)